Friday, April 13, 2018

Jacksonville Florida

Viridian didn't make it to the "downtown on the John's River" part of Jacksonville; instead, we stopped at Palm Cove Marina just off the ICW east of Jacksonville.  We were technically in Jacksonville, so we had access to all the things we needed for this stop.

Our first mission was provisioning.  The nice lady at the marina, Bobby Jo, (we are getting back to the South!) told us about a Publix just down the street.  So we hoofed it about a mile or so and got two grocery carts of stuff to bring back the boat.  The first mate summoned Uber, and we loaded up and were back to the marina with our stash.  (Has anyone else noticed that all Publix stores seem to face north?  We get so cold inside the store that we have to go outside to warm up.  However, the front of the store is always in the shade, facing north, and you have to stand on the street to get in the sun.)  Anyway, back at Viridian, while Meg was doing 3 loads of laundry, I was fixing the A/C pump, fixing a cold water knob in the main head and filling fresh water tanks, I finally figured out how to transfer the route plans on my iPhone via Wi-Fi directly to the chart plotter.  This may seem trivial to most folks, but it has been a mystery until now as to how to get these things talking.

Well that's the news and here's the views:

We are here


Today's route from St. Augustine, FL to Jacksonville, FL





A beautiful, large home on the ICW leading into Jacksonville, FL


This is our very yummy supper last night from the restaurant PDQ.  My friend, Katy Brooks and her husband, Chris, lived in Jacksonville, FL after they got married, and she recommended several places for us to try while we were here in Jacksonville and this was one.  George had the scrumptious tenders snack and I had the Thai Bowl. And that drink in the middle of the table is a Banana Pudding Milkshake, my personal favorite!  We shared. The food and milkshake did not disappoint.
   
This restaurant was almost 2 miles from our boat.  Yes, they have Uber here and yes, it does cost $8.00 to ride 2 miles and $8.00 to get back to the boat.  So yes, we walked to the restaurant because one of us felt it's illogical to pay that much when we could walk.  It's the principle of the thing.  Has anyone read the book Ove???😉

I am glad we walked.  I just like to give George a hard time.  We had so much fun laughing and talking on our walk, and it was a beautiful cool night to be out.  Slept like babies.
.

This is Charles Martin, one of my favorite authors.  He's from Jacksonville, FL and, I was hoping he might have a boat at the marina we stayed in, but I didn't see him.  I have read most of his books and the few I've missed I will read.  His books just speak to my heart.  His new book Send Down the Rain
comes out in May😊

Send Down The Rain

No comments:

Post a Comment